You may have been asked the same question from your friends, partners and your clients as well. Is your business website ready and equipped with Voice Search Trends?
If you are reading this blog, you might already know how voice search optimization services are impacting the websites and businesses in this online jargon.
From the digital marketing agency’s perspective, we are already equipping and proposing our clients to implement this revolutionary technology.
But what weightage does voice search has if you are marketing your website on Search Engines?
The technology which allows users to talk to their devices rather than typing the characters and digits to search for anything is Voice Search. The search engines then use specific voice algorithms to identify what a user is searching for and show them the results. Search Engines and many other tech giants are working to make this technology even better and thus the user experience of this technology is getting better and hence, more users are using Voice to search for their answers.
In the digital marketing world, voice search sounds like a brand-new concept to many beginners but it is around for a while. Programs like Google Assistant, Microsoft Cortana, Apple Siri & Amazon Alexa are some great examples of the utilization of the voice search technology. Today, more devices are getting optimized for voice search. Not only devices but many websites, brands, and websites are getting optimized with voice search which is a good sign for both the customers and the brand owners.
How voice search is being used by consumers?
Before we see how voice search is being used by brands, we need to understand how users are using the voice search. Here are a few interesting facts about Voice Search in accordance with users.
1. Smart shipment across the world has grown by nearly 200% in the 3rd quarter of 2018. Amazon is still the leader with about 50% of the market share with Google close behind. Voice is really getting a favourite thing for users as we can see this rise in the use of devices.
2. The age group of the users we can see using voice search is in between 25 to 64. Just so you know whom to target while you are designing your website and what content marketing strategy to follow to support voice marketing strategy.
3. 71% of wearable device users would like to search using voice in the future. Well, this looks very promising, speaker and tablet users are also showing a positive attitude.
4. Two years ago, about 3.5 billion searches were handled by Google out of which around 1.1 Billion searches were performed with voice.
5. Voice search queries are normally longer than usual text searches and start with a question – typically 3 to 5 keywords long and generally start with WH type questions like who, what, where, when, why and how.
But how is voice search changing the digital marketing landscape?
As we mentioned that voice is improving the user experience drastically, by the year 2020, 50% of the online searches will be made only with Voice.
Due to its prolific use, outstanding search engines like Google are putting higher stress on voice search optimization.
After all, the purpose of SEO is to rank websites accurately thus users will notice the best information for their search query as quickly as possible. User experience is, ultimately, at the forefront of search engine optimization.
But it’s necessary to remember that voice search SEO and traditional website SEO are totally different. Therefore, some factors that affect website rankings might or might not have the same effect on voice search – and vice versa.
So should I use voice search optimization techniques in my SEO?
Investment in voice search optimization will definitely improve brand awareness, increase online sales and revenue. But even if voice search is on fire, would you like to stay ahead of your competition?
We are SocialChamps, a leading digital marketing company in Pune, India and serving our clients across Mumbai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, New Delhi and 20+ countries across the world. If you want your business to be ahead of the competition, why not implement a voice search optimization technique for your online marketing efforts? Let’s TALK about your voice search optimization needs today! Leave a comment below or fill this form and we will get back to you.